Perhaps not the most beautiful hue (due to the added kale!), this 'nice' cream is fabulous. Feel free to omit the kale or use baby spinach instead. If you have no cold coffee lying around than sub in non-dairy milk of choice. Though I have a high powered blender, it still needs a bit of liquid to really pulverize everything, but if yours doesn't, you may be able to omit. Make sure several hours prior to making this, you have frozen non-dairy plain yogurt or milk in ice cube trays. Adding more ice will bulk up the volume of the ice cream, meaning you get to eat more, without increasing the calories!!
IngredientsFor: 2 Servings
- 1 Frozen banana
- 8 Cubes frozen non-dairy milk or yogurt
- 1/2 Cup Cold coffee (or non-dairy milk or water) (if required)
- 1 Scoop Vanilla or coffee protein powder, stevia sweetened
- A few handfuls Fresh or frozen kale or spinach (optional)
- 3-4 tsp Espresso powder
- 1/4 tsp Ground cinnamon
- 2 tsp konjac powder
- Stevia, to taste
- A few handfuls Ice cubes
- Add banana, frozen yogurt/milk, coffee, protein powder and greens to high powered blender and blend until smooth. Add remaining ingredients and blend again until consistency of soft serve. Devour immediately.