Though almond and coconut flours are often used for grain-free baking, I think baking with beans is better! Almond and coconut flours are extremely expensive and extremely high in calories. Beans are inexpensive, high in fibre and low-cal. Moreover, when you use konjac powder, you eliminate the need for eggs, flax or chia eggs, and coconut oil, so your goodies are completely guilt-free, even if you are trying to reduce your calorie intake. This cake is light and not too sweet, and perfect for breakfast, tea time or a snack. Its vegan, gluten-free, sugar-free, and high in protein so it will keep you going through your busy day.
IngredientsFor: 11 9x9 Cake
- 540ml Can Chickpeas, including liquid (aquafaba)
- 2 Scoops Stevia-sweetened vegan vanilla protein powder
- 1/2 Cup Baking stevia (that measures equivalent to sugar) (add 2 tbsp more for sweeter)
- 1 tsp Almond extract
- 1 tsp Baking soda
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 2 Heaping tsp Konjac powder
- 1/4 Cup Sugar-free raspberry jam
- Puree chickpeas in blender until smooth. Add everything else except konjac powder and jam. Blend again until smooth. Add konjac powder and blend a few seconds longer. Scrape batter into greased 9x9 square pan. Drop jam on top in dollops and then swirl into batter. Bake at 350F for about 23-25 minutes. Let cool and serve. Keep refrigerated for up to 1 week or freeze.