This isn't exactly like a true risotto made with arborio rice, but its delicious and a heck of a lot healthier! In order to really get it creamy like a risotto, you might want to use cream or a creamy non-dairy alternative to broth. Though its not as creamy this way, it is definitely flavourful and makes a wonderful side dish. This is a big recipe to feed a crowd, but half it if you wish.
IngredientsFor: 6 Servings
- 1 Onion, diced
- 2 Cloves Garlic, minced
- 1/4 Cup Sherry vinegar
- 6 Portobello mushrooms Chopped
- 1 Jumbo (or 2 smaller) Cauliflower, riced in food processor
- 1 Cup Chicken or vegetable broth
- 2 Cups Italian parsley, chopped
- 1/2 Cup Parmesan cheese (or vegan alternative)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Cook onion and garlic in vinegar in a large skillet until onion is soft. Add mushrooms and cover until they cook down. Add broth and riced cauliflower and turn heat to medium. Cook until cauliflower softens, but is not mushy. Stir in parsley, and parmesan and season, to taste. Keep leftovers refrigerated up to 4 days.