It doesn't take a genius to figure out that the popular cookie spreads aren't exactly nutritious. Ground up cookies with oil and sugar? Come on! This dip and spread gives you all the yummy sweet, spicy flavour of Speculoos cookies, but is gluten-free, grain-free, sugar-free and vegan. Its amazing on bread, but also great with fresh fruit, or even spread on celery, instead of peanut butter.
- 1 Can Chickpeas, including liquid (aquafaba)
- 2 tbsp Cashew butter or sunflower seed butter (or omit for a lower calorie spread)
- 1 Scoop Vegan vanilla protein powder, stevia sweetened (or whey)
- 1/2 tsp Pure vanilla extract
- Vanilla or plain liquid stevia drops, to taste (or other sweetener such as maple syrup or honey)
- Chunk of fresh ginger
- 1 tsp Ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp Ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp Ground cardamom
- 1/4 tsp Salt (or, to taste)
- Freshly ground black pepper (to taste)
- 1-2 tsp konjac powder
- Puree chickpeas and liquid in food processor or blender until smooth. Add everything else, except konjac powder, and blend again. Add konjac, 1 tsp at a time, and blend immediately, until desired consistency is reached, If it gets too thick, add water a tbsp at a time. Keep refrigerated for up to 4 days or freeze.