Kids adore fruit punch flavour. Unfortunately, it usually comes in the form of juice or candy, and is mostly sugar and very little fruit. Not these delicious muffins! They are packed with real fruit! If you don't have all the fruits I used, you can replace them with what you have on hand. Pears, strawberries, mangos and grapes would all work. I used a little stevia to sweeten, but if your fruit is really sweet, you may not need to add any sweetener. Despite having no oil and being gluten-free, these muffins are very moist and light. My kids couldn't believe how much they taste like fruit punch! I am sure you will love them too. The konjac powder adds fibre and prebiotics and gives them staying power as a snack or part of a breakfast.
IngredientsFor: 18 Muffins
- 2 Ripe bananas Mashed
- 2 Soft kiwis Peeled and mashed
- 1/2 Cup Unsweetened apple sauce
- 1 Pint Blueberries Roughly chopped (use blender)
- 1/2 Cup Stevia for baking (optional)
- 1 Cup Milk (dairy or non-dairy)
- 2 Scoops Fruit-flavoured protein powder (Vegan or whey, sugar-free)
- 3 Cups Oat flour
- 1/4 Cup Ground flax seed
- 2 tbsp Konjac powder
- 1 tsp Baking soda
- 1 tsp Beet juice powder (optional) (for colour)
- Stir together wet ingredients in a large bowl. Add dry ingredients and mix well. Divide batter into greased muffin tin and bake at 350F for 20 minutes. Let cool before removing from pan. Keep refrigerated for up to 5 days or freeze.