Since the simplest way to incorporate konjac in your diet is by adding a scoop to your favorite smoothie, you may wonder why there are few smoothie recipes on this site. Well, for one, there are a zillion smoothie recipes out there and you can add konjac, which is flavourless, to any of them. It will just make it thicker, creamier, and more filling (as well as adding fibre and a source of prebiotics!). The other reason is, I hate smoothies. Yes, I said it. I do! Nevertheless, I sometimes like to challenge myself to try something new, and the truth is, I had never tried a smoothie with greens in it. As the saying goes, 'Don't knock it, until you try it.' So I came up with this recipe for a rich mocha smoothie filled with kale, to see if I could actually find a smoothie I find palatable. I am happy to say, I think its delicious! So if a smoothie hater like me loves it, I am confident you will too!! I like a very thick, cold smoothie, but if you prefer yours thinner, add more milk and perhaps less ice.
IngredientsFor: 1 Smoothie
- 1/2 Cup Milk (unsweetened, dairy or non-dairy)
- 1 Scoop Vegan or whey chocolate protein powder, stevia sweetened
- 2 tbsp Cocoa or raw cacao powder
- 2-4 tsp Espresso powder
- A few handfuls of organic kale leaves, washed
- 1 tsp Moringa powder (or other greens powder) (optional)
- Stevia, to taste (optional)
- 2 Cups Ice cubes
- 1 tsp Konjac powder
- Throw everything into a blender or food processor and blend until smooth and creamy. Pour into large cup and enjoy!