1. When thickening a hot sauce or recipe, start with a small amount of konjac powder, and add more as needed.
2. Blend konjac into your recipe quickly to avoid lumps.
3. Remember that konjac will continue to thicken your recipe as it sits. Puddings, jams, etc. will set after they cool in the refrigerator.
4. Add konjac into your diet gradually, as you would do for any type of fibre, to allow your body to adjust to it.
5. Konjac makes everything more filling, start with a small portion of each recipe until you see how much you need to eat in order to feel satisfied (but not too stuffed!).